Teaching Assistantships and Academic Apprenticeship
In order to be eligible for an Academic Apprentice Position, a student must:
- have no more than 12 quarters as a TA, and no more than 18 quarters total as a TA or GSR
- have at least a 3.0 GPA
- be enrolled in 12 units
- have less than 50% aggregated appointments
- be a U.S. citizen, a native-English speaker, or pass the Test of Oral Proficiency (TOP) in order to be a TA
- Make arrangements to take the TOP through the Office of Instructional Development and validate their score.
- File for an exception to the policies above to the Dean of the Graduate Division at least three weeks in advance of the hire date through the department Student Affairs Officer (SAO).
For additional information regarding Teaching Assistantships or other apprenticeship positions available in Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Languages and Cultures, please contact the departmental SAO.